Employer Tool Kit
Are your healthcare costs rising every year?
Do you feel you can no longer offer the benefits to your employees that you once could?
Do you feel like you can’t find a way to retain good employees?
Is your bottom line less robust than you would like?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, you are not alone!
We are excited to introduce our Wellbeing toolkit for employers. The Wellbeing Toolkit is designed specifically to assist the small business owner in implementing easy but effective wellbeing initiatives.
Are you wondering what the benefit will be...
What’s in it for me?
• Improve Employee Health Behaviors
• Reduce Elevated Health Risks
• Reduce Healthcare Costs
• Increase Employee Engagement
• Improve Productivity
• Decrease Absenteeism
• Improve Employee Recruiting and Retention
• Builds and Sustain High Employee Morale
A recent survey showed that the more employees felt appreciated at work, the better they felt about other aspects of their lives such as health and relationships. Clearly, there is a connection between a supportive workplace and a motivated employee. Worksite wellbeing programs should be viewed as an investment in business’s most important asset, its employees.
What is Wellbeing
It is much more than merely physical wellness, exercise or nutrition. It is the full integration of states of physical, mental, and spiritual wellbeing. The model used for our toolkit includes seven wellbeing domains:
Each of these seven dimensions act and interact in a way that contributes to our own quality of life. As these domains are all interconnected, when one is failing, the others also suffer.
Below you will find a description of each domain with links to articles, videos, podcasts, etc. highlighting ways to implement initiatives supporting that domain.
Physical Wellbeing involves the ability to maintain a healthy quality of life so that we can engage in our daily activities without undue fatigue or physical stress. The ability to recognize that our behaviors have a significant impact on our wellness and adopting healthful habits (routine check-ups, a balanced diet, exercise, etc.) while avoiding destructive habits (tobacco, drugs, alcohol, etc.) will lead to optimal Physical Wellness and support our overall Wellbeing.
- Employer Well-Being Programs Offer More Than Just Physical Health Components - Link to Website ; PDF
- Maximize Your Physical Well-Being by Balancing All Aspects of Your Life - Link to Website ; PDF
Emotional Wellbeing involves the ability to understand ourselves and others and to cope with the challenges life can bring. The ability to acknowledge and constructively share feelings of anger, fear, sadness, stress, hope, love, joy or happiness contributes to our Emotional Wellbeing.
- 3 Practical Ways to Help Employees Benefit from Emotions - Link to Website ; PDF
- How to Stop Silencing Employees By Mistake - Link to Website ; PDF
- 30 Emotional Intelligence training Opportunities Hidden in Your Workplace - Link to Website ; PDF
Intellectual Wellbeing arises from the ability to open our minds to new ideas and experiences and to then draw upon them in personal decision making, group interactions and community betterment. Engaging and stretching our minds to learn new concepts, improve skills and seek challenges in pursuit of lifelong learning contributes to our Intellectual Wellbeing.
- Gaining trust and building a positive work environment - Link to Website ; PDF
- How to proactively build a strong, engaging culture - Link to Website ; PDF
- How to help employees look forward to Mondays - Link to Website ; PDF
A sense of purpose or meaning arises from the ability to develop congruency between values and actions and to realize a common purpose that binds the world together. When we have a sense of purpose, we experience a sense of peace and harmony in our lives. This supports our wellbeing in all domains.
- 20 Surprising Employee Retention Statistics You Need to Know - Link to Website ; PDF
- 9 Simple Employee Experience Upgrades You Can Implement Anytime - Link to Website ; PDF
- 10 Simple Ways to Keep Remote Workers Engaged and Motivated - Link to Website ; PDF
Arises from the ability to gain a sense of security and personal fulfillment from our jobs or our chosen career fields while still maintaining balance in our lives. Financial security is an integral part of our physical, emotional and intellectual wellness; when present, it allows us to engage fully in our lives. Together, financial health and our desire to contribute in positive ways at work and in society as a whole lead to Occupational Wellbeing.
- How to Foster Talent through a Growth Mindset and Grit - Link to Website ; PDF
- Five Tips to Boost Employees Mental Energy - Link to Website ; PDF
Involves the ability to recognize our interconnectedness to our environments at work, at home and in the world, owning our role and responsibility for the quality of the air, the water, the space and the land that surround us. The ability to make a positive impact on the quality of our environment, be it our homes, our communities or our planet contributes to our Environmental Wellbeing.
- Healthy Steps to Environmental Wellness - Link to Website ; PDF
- How the built environment can affect health and wellness - Link to Website : PDF
Involves the ability to relate to and connect with other people in our world. Our ability to establish and maintain positive relationships with family, friends and coworkers.
- Embracing and Promoting Social Wellbeing among Employees - Link to Website ; PDF
- Social and Emotional Wellbeing - Link to Website ; PDF
- The Truth About Social Wellbeing at Work - Link to Website ; PDF