Healthcare Employee Tool Kit
Do you seek to achieve a better balance between your work, life, and health? Let’s face it, we spend a majority of our lives at work and balancing life and work can be a daunting task at times. Wellbeing is about how your job, your duties, expectations, stress level and environment affect your overall health and happiness. Implementing your wellbeing goals will allow you to reduce your stress levels while achieving your goals of reaching a better sense of control between your life and work.
We are excited to introduce our Wellbeing toolkits for employees. Designed specifically to help individuals make healthy choices with easy but effective wellbeing initiatives. Are you wondering what the benefit will be….
What’s in it for me?
• Improve Your Health Outcomes
• Achieve Balance Between Work and Life
• Reduce Stress Levels
• Learn How To Fit Physical Activity into Your Day
• Improve Productivity
• Meet Other Employees Through Fitness
• Be Present
What is Wellbeing?
Wellbeing is much more than merely physical wellness, exercise or nutrition. It is the full integration of states of physical, mental, and spiritual wellbeing. The model used for our toolkit includes seven wellbeing domains:
Each of these seven dimensions act and interact in a way that contributes to our own quality of life. As these domains are all interconnected, when one is failing, the others also suffer.
Below you will find a description of each domain with links to articles, videos, podcasts, etc. highlighting ways to implement initiatives supporting that domain.
Physical Wellbeing involves the ability to maintain a healthy quality of life so that we can engage in our daily activities without undue fatigue or physical stress. The ability to recognize that our behaviors have a significant impact on our wellness and adopting healthful habits (routine check-ups, a balanced diet, exercise, etc.) while avoiding destructive habits (tobacco, drugs, alcohol, etc.) will lead to optimal Physical Wellness and support our overall Wellbeing.
- Easy Ways to Improve Physical Wellbeing Today - Link to Website ; PDF
- 5 Fun Mindful Exercises to Improve Health and Wellbeing - Link to Website ; PDF
- The Road to Wellness: Physical Wellbeing (Nutrition) - Link to Website ; PDF
Emotional Wellbeing involves the ability to understand ourselves and others and to cope with the challenges life can bring. The ability to acknowledge and constructively share feelings of anger, fear, sadness, stress ,hope, love, joy or happiness contributes to our Emotional Wellbeing.
- What Makes People Feel Upbeat at Work - Link to Website ; PDF
- 30 Emotional Intelligence Training Opportunities Hidden in Your Workday - Link to Website ; PDF
- Manage Your Energy, Not Your Time - PDF
Intellectual Wellbeing arises from the ability to open our minds to new ideas and experiences and to then draw upon them in personal decision making, group interactions and community betterment. Engaging and stretching our minds to learn new concepts, improve skills and seek challenges in pursuit of lifelong learning contributes to our Intellectual Wellbeing.
- Eight Simple Steps to Increase Your Intellectual Wellbeing - Link to Website ; PDF
- 10 Practical Ways to Drastically Improve Your Time Management Skills - Link to Website ; PDF
- How to Improve Your Memory - Link to Website ; PDF
A sense of purpose or meaning arises from the ability to develop congruency between values and actions and to realize a common purpose that binds the world together. When we have a sense of purpose, we experience a sense of peace and harmony in our lives. This supports our wellbeing in all domains.
- Why Is Life Purpose Important - Link to Website ; PDF
- 5 Fun Goal Setting Activities - Link to Website ; PDF
- How to Stop Missing Out on Life (and Start Becoming More Engaged) - Link to Website ; PDF
Arises from the ability to gain a sense of security and personal fulfillment from our jobs or our chosen career fields while still maintaining balance in our lives. Financial security is an integral part of our physical, emotional and intellectual wellness; when present, it allows us to engage fully in our lives. Together, financial health and our desire to contribute in positive ways at work and in society as a whole lead to Occupational Wellbeing.
- 12 Ways to Create a More Positive Work Environment - Link to Website ; PDF
- How to Foster Talent through a Growth Mindset and Grit - Link to Website ; PDF
- 5 Characteristics of a Positive Work Environment - Link to Website ; PDF
Involves the ability to recognize our interconnectedness to our environments at work, at home and in the world, owning our role and responsibility for the quality of the air, the water, the space and the land that surround us. The ability to make a positive impact on the quality of our environment, be it our homes, our communities or our planet contributes to our Environmental Wellbeing.
- 50 Creative Ways to Repurpose, Reuse and Upcycle Old Things - Link to Website ; PDF
- Volunteering and its Surprising Benefits - Link to Website ; PDF
- Why Buy Local Food? It’s Healthier for You and Better for the Environment - Link to Website ; PDF
Involves the ability to relate to and connect with other people in our world. Our ability to establish and maintain positive relationships with family, friends and coworkers.
• 5 Strategies for Promoting Diversity in the Workplace - Link to Website ; PDF
• 6 Transformative Benefits of Respect in the Workplace - Link to Website ; PDF